The About page is usually the most visited page on a website.
It's the one spot you can actually create a deep connection with your ideal customers. That's right, your target market is going there to get to know you. If you're not connecting with them then you are missing out on money. Plain and simple.
This course walks you through how to write an About page that connects with your target audience AND feels 100% like you.
At the end of this course you will:
- Write an About page that speaks to your target market
- Use everything you learned when you talk about your business in person and online
- Understand your business’ unique selling points like the back of your hand
- Finally give potential customers the opportunity to get to know, like, and trust you
Personal brands, creatives, makers, artists, small business owners, entrepreneurs, nonprofit directors... each and every one of you will gain a perfectly crafted About page from this course. You will also develop a bunch of language to use in talking about your brand in person and online.
You will tell your story in a genuine way that attracts customers and clients.
Your brand deserves an About page you're proud to share.
After investing thousands of dollars into your awesome website, you realize that your brand's personality simply falls flat. Or maybe you're the DIY type who's spent
countless hours building a website just to get stuck on the most
important part – how to connect with your ideal customer. You might have so
much website shame you're not even sharing that much about your products and services.
This course will walk you step-by-step through the process of crafting a killer About page that you love so much you'll happily copy-and-paste that bio anywhere and everywhere. I'll help you understand your business so well that you'll whip that About page into shape and move onto actually growing your brand.
Here's what's inside...
Module 1: Writing for the Reader
- How writing an About page the right way turns your website into a selling machine
- Exercises to get you deep into the mind of your ideal client and what they need
- The #1 way to connect with your ideal clients' wants and needs
Module 2: Writing About Yourself
- A step-by-step guide for how to share your story like a great writer
- The best way to share your credentials without sounding gross
- Infusing your About page with genuine personality
Module 3: Defining Your Goal
- The big mistake most people are making on their About page right now – and how YOU can avoid it
Module 4: Writing Your About Page
- How to draw in your ideal customer with the very first sentence of your About page
- Templates for crafting your new About page
- Tips and tricks for taking your About page to the next level
"The Total About Page Makeover helped me see my business as my customer sees it. It also helped me to clarify what it is about my business that is important to ME" –Sara M.
All that PLUS major bonus content... think of it like a protein shake for your new About page.
Bonus 1: Curate Your Brand Style Guide
What good is a great About page if your website's imagery doesn't speak to your target market like your words do? Curating a brand style for your business will help you get into the mind
of your customers and clients and speak their visual language. In this
bonus guide, I'll show you how to use Pinterest to fully understand what
resonates with your ideal customer!
Bonus 2: Total About Page Headshot Guide
Every brand new About page needs meaningful images that show your personality and reflect your brand perfectly. But getting ready for those headshots can be pretty nerve-wracking! Brand photographer Lisa Mac lays out everything you need to know to get perfect brand images for your new About page:
- How to choose the right photographer
- What to expect during your photoshoot
- What to wear and how to pose
- Handy worksheet to help you plan your photoshoot
Frequently Asked Questions
Caitlin here, brand strategist and designer helping entrepreneurs, community builders, and creative professionals create thoughtful branding, graphics, websites, and marketing plans.
Other than that, I've published a book called Memphis Type History: Signs and Stories from Just Around the Corner and helped launch Studio688, a coworking space for creative entrepreneurs in Memphis, Tennessee. Oh, and I once walked across the stage to receive a Masters degree in French.
So I pretty much wear a beret like a boss. I’m currently finishing up
In June 2016, my husband and I moved to Shanghai, China. Most days I’m working from my home office in the Former French Concession while you’re asleep. I enjoy exploring my new city, eating everything from cupcakes to curry, and discovering new playlists on Spotify.
"The Total About Page Makeover helped me to understand that I am writing for my client not for me. The process of the first few exercises helped me see what others are looking for in my bio page... the section where we had to write three different sentences about what we do for our client was also helpful in clarifying for me what I do." –Michelle S.
STOP LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE
Sign up now and whip that About page into shape!